Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kelly and Howard--June 28, 2008

What a romantic day I got to spend with these two wonderful people, their families and friends, and Kelly's fun-loving eight-year old son, Morgan. During the ceremony, Pastor Don Kelly said that when he first asked Morgan's opinion of soon-to-be-dad Howard, he said, "Does he get a thumbs up?" Morgan said, "No." Pastor Kelly asked, "Does he get two thumbs up?" Morgan shook his head and said, "No". Then Morgan said, "If I could, I'd give him a thousand thumbs-up!" Wow! Don't hear THAT too often.

Morgan--I'd have to agree with you! And Kelly--the look on Howard's face when he saw that surprise limo was just priceless! I hope your lives continue to be filled with all the fun, the laughter, and all the surprises you three can muster for yourselves.

Here's a little clip of some favorite shots. I'll be posting all the photos to the Pictage link hopefully by the beginning of the week, so check back! And I promised to branch out with the music. This video features "Billy Joel" and "Tuck and Patti". Enjoy!





And I have to tip my hat once again to Ed Doyle. I had been scheduled to shoot this wedding solo and Ed happened to email me not four days before asking, "Hey, do you need any help with anything?" Little did he know what he was agreeing to! Ed, who has up until now been focused on beautiful landscape and macro photography, not only assisted me...he clearly became a second shooter. He circled around the scene while I was shooting and got some beautiful images from different angles. If you look closely, you'll see the EXACT same image from the front and the back--talk about synchronicity! What a team!

Ed even shot parts of the wedding party while I was working with other parts. Many of the images you see above are his (especially those detail shots, like the cake and the wedding rings), and I'm excited to give him some opportunities to continue to get a feel for portrait and wedding shoots. Once he gets going, there will be no stopping him. I just hope we work in tandem because he's a gem and he'd be sorely missed! Ed doesn't just rock...he rocks a thousand times over (sorry, Morgan, had to steal your quote!).

Thanks, too, to the gracious wedding party who was setting up shop out at Fort Missoula and allowed us to steal a corner of the Iris Garden for our outdoor shots. We really appreciated it and we didn't even get your names! And to the limo driver, Allen, who called me up yesterday and asked me if I was the photographer who left a piece of equipment in his trunk. I'd been looking for that reflector for a week! Thanks so much, Allen! If you're in need of a Limo...this one was WAY cool...Allen even synched up the lights to Kelly's dress colors! You can contact him at www.RoyalLimoMt.com or 363-3040

No comments: