Sunday, November 30, 2008

Puttin' the Book to Bed

I hit the 50,000 word mark for NaNoWriMo a week ago, and have spent this past week adding in details and tweaking some stuff. It's certainly far from a polished, final work, but I'm really happy at where things ended up.



The print jobs were all sent to the lab, and I'm finishing up some edits tonight before I head over to the Missoula Children's Theater to take performance photos for "Nuncrackers". Madelyn was cast at the last minute for the show when one of the performers had to drop out, so she's spent the past week learning blocking, music, and all the little details. We're so proud of our little postulate.

The show opens on Dec 5th but there will be run-throughs and dress rehearsals over the next few days. From what I've seen of the show thus far, it looks like it's going to be pretty funny.

Secret Garden images from November 15th and 16th will be posted to my proofing site by this afternoon. Check them out. Performance photos for parents are available on disk.

http://maureenroyphotography.nextproof.com

We are also excited to tell you of our newest arrival to our home. Elfie the Elf arrived on Friday afternoon, a gift from my sister and her daughters. He's our resident "Elf on the Shelf" and Thomas is smitten with this little guy. Elfie flies back to the North Pole each night to give Santa a report on Thomas's behavior, and hides in a new place each morning. I'll post some of the funny places he's ended up. Thomas has beene excited to look for him in the morning, although today was more of a challenge, as he was sitting on the molding on the kitchen door, so it took a while to spot him. Thanks for the new addition, guys! I wish I could have an elf all year!

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: