Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Perfect Day



So I haven't mentioned it here, but I have been sick as a dog (well, actually the DOG is quite well, as you'll see below) this past week. Sinus infection and bronchitis...it's been MISERABLE. Today I felt marginally better, Andy went to a friend's house to watch the Steelers lose (bummer), and Madelyn was running spotlight at Jesus Christ Superstar, so it was just me and the little man chillin' out. We went outside and raked up leaves. Our neighbor, Pat, raked a pile at least six feet high and we spent the better part of an hour tossing Thomas into the pile. I think it was fun for Pat to play with Thomas, but also hard to be reminded of his son 14 year old , Colin, who died two years ago this month after he was hit by a car three blocks from our house. Thomas was so thrilled with playing with Pat that he squealed for the entire time and then drew Pat a thank you picture and shoved it in his mailbox. This was a first...Thomas doesn't often spontaneously draw pictures, let alone FOR people, so this was truly a little gift from the little guy. There's just something about Thomas that makes people feel better just being around him.


Later in the day we raked up the leaves in our yard and Thomas suddenly donned his knight costume (a pass-over from Trish, from Alex), and was hacking away at the leaves. All afternoon long he would tell me "Fare thee well, maiden". It was adorable. We let Buzzy join in the fun with her new tennis ball, acquired after yet another adventure to the park (this time she jumped the fence and I was greeted by a phone call at 9:15 am saying, "uh...we're at the park...and your dog is here..."). So what else is new? I finally got her to sit still for a couple shots, only by balancing the tennis ball on the top of my camera lens so she'd look at me.



I finally threw it.
A boy and his 100+ pound beast...


Being goofy.
Happy Sunday!

We're supposed to have temperatures in the mid-50s all week, so it looks like it won't be a sub-zero Halloween. Hooray!!!

No comments: