Sunday, September 21, 2008

This Week's News and Today's Thomas Quote

It has been a LONG week. I celebrated my entrance into the next decade last Sunday (I STILL can't believe I'm 40?!). Madelyn turned 14 on Tuesday. I just finished my third senior portrait session of the weekend. Andy left for Indianapolis for a training for work for the week. Madelyn marched in the University of Montana homecoming parade on Saturday. Whew...I cannot WAIT for my head to hit the pillow tonight.

Thank you to all the people who have sent referrals my way this week, and to all the new clients who have called and scheduled shoots. Holy smokes...my phone was ringing off the hook all week. I so look forward to making new friendships and connections with the families who will be meeting me in the studio and around town in the next few weeks as the leaves start to turn colors. As I was driving downtown to meet my first client of the day, I noticed that the banners for the United Way workforce campaign have been hung. WOW...it's a bit surreal to drive by and think--I helped create those! Too cool.

I got a call tonight from Andy's mom. His dad is in the hospital with a bad bout of bronchitis (at least that's what we hope it is...all signs are pointing that way). Jerry was supposed to come out this way for the annual fishing trip with Andy, but he won't be making it, at least not this week. Please send prayers for a speedy recovery his way.

I also want to tip my hat to Corina, who took me on a wild adventure to find "edgy, urban" places in Missoula to shoot her senior yearbook photos. Once I get her permission, I'll be posting a few here. I did a quick edit to check them in-between shoots and they are GORGEOUS (even if I AM a bit biased). WOW. It's such a great thing when photographer and model click like we did. I can't wait for you to see them!

My apologies to those with whom I've been playing phone tag. I hope to catch up with anyone who I've missed no later than tomorrow.

Tonight as I was sitting with Thomas sharing a cup of tea (me) and a mug of hot chocolate (him), he looked at me and said, "Mommy....hot chocolate makes you smell happy...". Can't argue with that. It's a good way to end the week.

Will be posting new work this week...please check back!

No comments: